Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Do you make New Year's resolutions? I only try to make resolutions I think I can keep.

So far, I have 3 for 2011:
1. Learn colorwork knitting
2. Finally finish my t-shirt quilt (I started it when I still lived in Virginia!)
3. Try one new thing or visit one new place every single day in 2011.

The last one is the one I'm the most excited about, and the first two will probably be a couple of the new things I'm trying since I've never tried to bind a quilt before or knit a Fair Isle or intarsia pattern. I'm giving myself a lot of leeway, trying a new pattern, recipe, or restaurant would count. I've been giving it a try for the last week as a warm up. So far I made a hash brown casserole, learned how to give a Persian eye medication, and went to Slappycakes, and started watching Dexter. Nothing earth shattering, but I like trying and learning new things.

Happy 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment