Monday, April 16, 2012

Powered by Pinfatuation: Creme Egg Brownies

You guys, I'm sorry I've been MIA for so long. I fell hard down the Pinterest rabbit hole. Seriously, you might need to plan a Pintervention.

I even wrote not 1, but 3 marketing blog posts to help other marketers convince their bosses that Pinterest is a legitimate way to spend your work day. I'm such an enabler.

I've convinced myself that Pinterest is an acceptable form of digital crack, as long as I'm actually making some of the projects I pin. Which step is rationalization on the road to recovery?

Well, that self-talk + a new crush on Instagram now that its available for Android= Powered by Pinfatuation.

I solemnly vow that every time I make something I've pinned, I will take a photo of it with my phone and post it here with the title Powered by Pinfatuation. First up-

Creme Egg Brownies

Holy moly. I managed to make these vegan and gluten-free for Easter, and they are dangerously delicious.

So here is the gorgeous, original photo from Pinterest and recipe by love & olive oil.

And here's my version.


This actually turned out much better than I expected. Definitely not completely CraftFail worthy.

To veganize and de-gluten these suckers, I used a gluten-free brownie mix instead of making the brownies from scratch (thanks Ms. Crocker), I substituted Earth Balance for unsalted butter (and didn't add the 1/8th tsp of salt), and I used dark chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate.

I'd definitely make these again.

1 comment: